Ready for a new journey? Safari Stars are looking for outstanding Nursery Nurses to join our Nursery located in Hatfield, Hertfordshire.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, passionate and creative nursery nurse, with a Level 3 or above Early Years qualification, to work alongside a dedicated team in a 100 place day care setting. If you are inspiring, can provide outstanding care and education to children, and want to be part of a high performing nursery team – our Nursery Nurse opportunity would be perfect for you.
Working as a Nursery Nurse, you must be willing to go above and beyond for the children, ensuring that you create a safe and enriching home-from-home environment filled with opportunities to learn, enabling the children to be happy, sociable, confident, independent, creative, and unique.
In return, you will be rewarded with a career defining opportunity to impact on an ambitious and growing organisation that is committed to staff retention, development and equality. We want you to be the very best that you can be, and we’ll provide you with the development, training, support and access to expertise and new skills that will enable you to become an outstanding practitioner.
Set in Hatfield, Safari Stars Nursery, is a lovely family-owned nursery. We are seeking to appoint a Level 3 Nursery Practitioner due to growth. You will be joining a nursery with ambitions plans, where the staff team are stable, happy and enthusiastic about creating amazing experiences for the children within our care. This is a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated, enthusiastic Level 3 Nursery Practitioner, who can work closely within a growing team. You should possess great communication skills and have a calm, approachable nature.
This position would suit an experienced Nursery Practitioner who has previously worked in a similar environment caring for children aged between 0 – 5 years and is looking for an exciting career opportunity.
Why Join Safari Stars Nursery?
You will be joining a growing company with ambitious plans. Within this role you will be supported in a very teamwork centred environment, where flexibility and hard work are at the heart of what we do. You will also be able to grow with Safari Stars Nursery, with future opportunities to develop your career with us.
About Safari Stars Nursery
Our Safari Stars Nursery cares for children between the ages of birth and 5 years old. We are open Monday to Friday 7.45am – 6.30pm all year round except for closure on public bank holidays.
The aim of our nursery is to provide a happy, home away-from-home environment for all children in our care with emphasis on individual attention and learning through play. Our philosophy is that a child should be happy, safe and healthy in a stimulating and educational environment. We aim to work in partnership with all parents to provide a service that will reach their individual needs.
The staff we employ are with us because of their genuine love of children, others are training ‘on the job’ and some have a wealth of experience with children during their lifetime.
About our Nursery Practitioner role
- To assist management in providing the highest standard of compliance, care and education for children, and effectively manage daily operations of the nursery, including positive partnerships with staff and parents.
- To safeguard all children at all times inline with the settings policies and procedures.
- To observe and assess children’s development. You will be a keyworker for up to 6 children and will be given training on Tapestry (Online journal).
- To work closely with the Room Leader and other staff members in your team ensuring a smooth running of the daily routine.
- To contribute ideas to planning, ensuring the children receive high quality of learning and development.
- To liaise with nursery staff regarding children’s specific needs and requirements.
- To maintain a safe, clean, and healthy environment.
- To adhere to all Nursery policies and procedures
- To always meet health and safety and environmental health requirements
- Full and relevant Level 3 Childcare Qualification - Essential
- Over 1 years’ experience working in Early Years - Essential
- Sound knowledge of Ofsted expectations to achieve a Good or Outstanding rating - Desirable
- Knowledge of the statutory framework for the EYFS and regulatory requirements - Essential
- Fluent in written and spoken English - Essential
- Up to £24,000 per annum remuneration package (Negotiable, depending on experience) in addition, a generous annual leave entitlement, a workplace pension, discounted nursery fees for your children.
- Flexible working pattern, providing you with an optimal work-life balance.
- Around-the-clock access to a dedicated and supportive Senior Management team, providing you with operational and organisational support.
- Best-in-class training and development. Progression plans for all staff
- Genuine investment in your career
- up to 24 days holiday
- Paid Bank Holiday and Christmas Closure
- 3 full day training days per year
- Birthday day off every year!
- Staff fun day events
- Staff recognition incentives
- Long service awards
- Uniform and staff badge provided
- Ofsted outstanding bonus incentives
- Up to 5 days paid compassionate leave.
- 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working our nurseries. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process.